Founded in 2010, StoreyStudio offers artistic spatial design solutions for luxury retail and cultural institutions. Temporary and permanent projects predominantly include exhibition, store, window and recently restaurant design. We are currently a team of 7 and understand that staff wellbeing and relationships are a fundamental part of our success.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- The project manager is responsible for implementing all phases of the project, ensuring quality and on-time delivery. Detailed budgetary planning and monitoring of project costs are key as well as establishing solid relations and ongoing communication with the design team, clients, sub-contractors and any other stakeholders.
- A problem-solving mindset and quick response to changing operational or client needs is of the essence. Accurate and thorough documentation is required at all phases of the project.
- The project manager must have in-depth understanding of construction procedures and project management principles and systems in order to challenge the design intent and identify design or procurement problems in advance of submissions.
- The project manager must have excellent management, negotiating and leadership skills as well as excellent organisational and time-management skills. Great verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Attending site visits as required.
- Work closely with clients, architects, subcontractors and external parties to develop and maintain relationships that are aligned with the beliefs and values of the studio.
- Formulating and completing targeted Requests for Proposals (RFPs), negotiating and administering contractual agreements as well as ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Taking initiative to introduce new materials and procurement partnerships.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to help facilitate design intent.
- Very calm and relaxed manner
Education: A university degree or technical diploma in the areas of management, engineering, architecture, building sciences or construction technology preferred.
Experience: 3+ years of project management experience in construction.
Project management software experience.
Full time position based in London (Dalston)
Applications may be sent to both: